Sunday 30 December 2012

Project - Vintage Button-up Shirt

I love vintage sewing patterns and have collected them for quite some time. I use a combination of vintage and contemporary sewing patterns for many of my projects. The style details of past patterns are unique and quite often you won't be able to find these little touches in modern patterns.

I wanted to make a casual button-up shirt and found the perfect pattern in my vintage stash.

Simplicity Pattern 7912 circa 1977

The thing that drew me to it most was that the blouse had raglan sleeves instead of the typical set-in style sleeves. Raglan sleeves are quicker and easier to sew - exactly what I was looking for. 



To shorten the sewing time even further, I used snap fastener buttons (no sewing on buttons and no buttonholes!). 



This pattern will definitely be one of my staple patterns for a classic, button-front blouse from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment